Saturday, May 03, 2008

Papal Visit to NYC!

On Saturday, April 19, I had the opportunity to see Pope Benedict as he went from St. Patrick's Cathedral to the Youth Rally at St. Joseph's Seminary. Kate, Wendy and I made signs for him and wove them into the crowd-control grate. Mine said "Totus Tuus", Kate's said "Bene a Bono" (Benedict is Good) and Wendy's said "We love you, Holy Father" We were certain he saw our posters as he passed us by. So certain that the Holy Father STOPPED the parade, got out, and gave us his own blessing! We got a personal picture with him*!





John and I also had the privilege of attending Mass at Yankee Stadium. Here's a picture of us:

And a picture of the crowd. Note the Pope mobile in the lower center. The crowd was WILD and excited to have the chance to share a Mass with the Holy Father!!


Here is a video clip from Yankee Stadium. It's about 4 minutes long, but captures the excitement of the Holy Father's arrival into the stadium, and the outpouring of love and affection NYC gave to him!


*OK, so the "personal" picture of the Holy Father with Katie and I...sorry. It's a cardboard stand-up of the Pope. But I thought it was funny anyways!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I didn't know how else to contact you, so I'm leaving a comment. I recently received an e-mail from someone purporting to be you. I had responded to an ad for an apartment in Toronto that was posted on Craigslist, and received a scam e-mail in return. The e-mail contains both your names and a link to this blog. I hope I'm not being naive, but I assume you are legitimate people running a legitimate blog about your family and I thought you should know that someone has been misappropriating your names and calling your blog their own.

If you would like to see a copy of the e-mail I received, I can be reached through this address: torontocraigslistscam@hotmail.com.

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I too have received the same email with the same blog attached. In fact I got a response from two different ads posted on craigslist and it's clearly the same person who responded, asking fairly personal questions and asking for money up front.
If you would like to see a copy of the e-mail I received, I can be reached through this address:
abdecorte@hotmail.com

I just thought you might like to know that someone is using yours and your child's names in what seems like a scam.

Anonymous said...

Hi there. I also have received emails with your pictures after responding to apt adds. However this time the people claimed to call themselves Moviron and Mandy Goldin. Their email was marrygoldin@rocketmail.com or movirons@yahoo.com.

P.S. NRP (Niagara Regional Police) have been contacted as well as these
-KIjjiji
-Yahoo
-Phone busters
-RCMP
-Scottland Yard