Friday, October 13, 2006



Baby Shower Time!

Hello again! My work, MidAmerica generously threw me a baby shower! Here is a picture of me being surprised...



I was promptly "Pinned" with a "MOM TO BE" Ribbon:



The cake was amazing- awesome design and very tasty. It was a chocolate cake but it wasn't too rich or too much. JUST RIGHT! And what pregnant lady and an office full of people with nothing better to do on a Friday afternoon doesn't appreciate CHOCOLATE CAKE?






Yum!


With Meredith...


With Kendal, a conspirator of the baby shower...


The Office got together and decided that they would each chip in for a Babies R Us gift certificate and/or pick their favorite children's book as a gift for Baby, John and me. Little did they know, I really enjoy children's books, so it is an equal treat for me as it is for this little baby!

I really like the Hungry Caterpillar!

So, the party was over after everyone had cake and laughed with me a bit over my delight with the children's books. Time to get back to work!

As you can see by the profile, I still look pretty small. Don't be deceived! Guess what, folks? The baby was almost 5 lbs and probably a little more than 12 inches (head to butt). We had just been to an ultrasound that week. About 8 weeks left 'till the big "A-Day" (Arrival Day!)

1 comment:

GeekMusician said...

Yay for children's books! Do you remember those Choose Your Own Adventure Books? I have an entire collection of them, and I'd love to send some your way when baby's old enough to read! I LOVE those books!!!!